Ask Monae: Why do bad things always seem to happen to me?
Question: Why do bad things always happen to me? Every time I do something good or make some type of progress, I end up taking 2 steps back. This is becoming a normal occurrence and I don’t think I deserve it. I do right and I mean well! Shouldn’t God understand that? Why don’t I have what i’ve prayed for? What is the problem?
Whenever bad things happen it isn’t always some evil force out to get you. Many times it is bad decision making on our part. You feel like you are being treated unfairly in life. You have worked hard and taken the right steps to get where you want to be. But, here is the many reasons why you may be failing.
1.You are not growing. Meaning you are not changing your mind set. You may be changing your actions but if your mindset isn’t growing then you won’t either. That is the main key here!
2. You aren’t following through with your plans. Once you make a plan stick to it and finish it through. Yes, there will be some detours but you have to have faith and stay focused.
3. You are choosing the wrong paths. This one is something that many people seem to fall into. You want this certain lifestyle, yet you choose the wrong path to get to it. This same path is chosen every time. Again think about number 2!
4. You are making the same mistakes. Don’t go out and buy something expensive before you pay your bills. Don’t go and party when you have to work the next morning. Don’t burn bridges with people that you will need to guide you to your destination! <— This one is a big deal! Why? Because it can cause yours plans and goals to crash and burn. You need good people around you. They will encourage you, push you to succeed, and help you with whatever may come your way.
5. You aren’t grateful for what you already have. If you can’t be content/happy with what you have now, trust me you won’t be happy when you meet that goal. The best thing to do is be thankful for the blessings you already have and expect more. Keep your faith strong!
6. You are involved with the wrong people and surroundings. Now this is something that 90% of the time will be the cause of “bad Luck”. Who you invite into your life is a reflection of you. If your friends or even certain family members are negative, try to bring you down, stuck in the past, or bad influences, its time to leave them alone! Do Not make exceptions. These kinds of people know when you are vulnerable and can cause you to go from 2 steps forward to 5 steps back in seconds. You have worked too hard to start over.
Now, as far as God goes, he has already given us all the blessings we need. He has nothing to do with how we choose to live our lives. We make the mistakes on our own, and we bring in that negative energy whether we like to believe it or not. WE must take the blame and assess our lives and our actions. Look at your surroundings and the people you choose to be in your life. Do this often and never give up your faith. Always be thankful and continue to pray. Whatever you prayed for will be given to you on his time, so don’t worry about that.
Hopefully, I helped and gave you something to think about! God Bless You
If you have any questions or need advice let me know! I enjoy helping people in every way that I can.